Study/Teach Abroad in Italy
Florence Summer Program
The Florence Summer Program presents our students with a wonderful opportunity to enjoy a truly unique international experience that introduces them to the magnificent culture of both the past and the present while taking SDSU courses which allow them to make progress towards their degree.
Florence is an ancient and exciting city that has much to offer students in the areas of learning and enjoyment as there is always something to see or do in the six weeks they will spend in Florence.
There is no foreign language requirement to participate and studying Italian is not required during the length of the program.
Don’t miss out on the numerous study abroad scholarship opportunities available. Visit our scholarships page or the CAL Study Abroad Scholarships page to learn about SDSU scholarships, as well as external scholarships and grants.
Teach in Italy
Apply online by March 15, 220 and provide TWO recommendation letters in order to be considered for the position.
New this year, volunteers can choose to stay 3 or 6 weeks. The program is held in the Brianza area of Lombardy.
Any questions should be directed to: [email protected].
In scuola elementare and scuola media in north Italy (Brescia) - ITALY
September 22 - December 22, 2019 or March 1 - May 31, 2020
Program’s Resources and Opportunities:
- A serious and rewarding cultural experience within the school
- The opportunity to create contacts with educational professionals as well as with students who find the educational environment dynamic and stimulating
- A tutor within the school who will help the assistant with any difficulties
- The opportunity to become close to one or two Italian families, who will host them complimentarily and therefore are strongly motivated by this type of experience to host: the assistant will become a part of the family and needs to act responsibly.
- A total salary of € 2400 (paid in 3 installments of €800)
- A total of 240 working hours in the class (in addition to the hours needed to prepare the lesson plans)
- Insurance for the activities that take place at the school. For those who are not a part of the European Economic community, we require you to purchase health insurance which will cover possible medical costs.
- working as Foreign Language assistants/teachers in English classes;
- delivering some grammar clinics;
- catching up classes in the school;
- preparing students for language proficiency certifications;
- teaching adults some evenings
- Enrollment in Italian Studies minor or major is preferred but not required
- B1 level of Italian is required
- Be between 21 and 27 years old, a native English speaker, and have studied some type of linguistics
- Have as neutral an accent as possible
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with children and adults
- Have a predisposition to work in a school (ability to collaborate with teachers, and seriousness in preparing English lessons and other scholastic subjects)
- Be flexible and have the capacity to problem solve and be reliable for your advising teacher at the school
- Have English teaching experience.
- Choose willingly to live with a family, knowing that this is an important experience linguistically and culturally (the family is not an air B&B)
Write to prof. Gianfranco Serioli ([email protected]) a full statement (in English or Italian) of all relevant information, including
their interest for the position, ability and willingness to comply with all the requirements,
evidence of inclination for/experience in teaching and/or interacting successfully
with foreigners, young people, motivation for living in family, etc.. Include a teacher's
Candidates might be requested to attend a skype interview
Deadline March 16th, 2019
The SITE (Study Intercultural Training Experience) Program is an internship opportunity for English-speaking teaching assistant in schools of Lombardy, Italy.
It is an opportunity for students or recent graduates from US Universities who wish to get a better understanding of the Italian language and culture, while assisting local teachers and getting professional training on teaching methods.